Emissions Testing and Repair in Lovelock, NV
Looking for an emissions test or smog repair to keep your ride road-worthy in Lovelock, NV? Automotion Service and Repair has helped hundreds of Lovelock drivers meet the smog requirements stipulated by the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles, and we can do the same for you.
Read on to learn more about emissions checks and smog repair in Lovelock, or call (775) 285-9444 to speak directly with a repair tech near you.
Do I need a smog check/emissions test in Lovelock, NV?
The Nevada Emission Control Program stipulates that passenger cars, trucks, RVs, and motorhomes must book a test if they are:
- Based in the urban areas of Clark or Washoe county;
- Gasoline powered (regardless of weight or size);
- Diesel powered with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating up to and including 14,000 pounds.
New vehicles are now exempt from testing until their fourth registration, and hybrids are exempt for a total of five model years.
You should also book an emission test/smog repair service if your check engine light turns on.
Emissions tests are valid for 90 days, or 180 days if the vehicle was purchased from a Nevada dealer.
All used car dealers must provide valid passing emissions tests with any vehicle they sell that is intended to be registered in Clark or Washoe counties. However, in private transactions, emissions tests and smog repairs are the buyer’s responsibility.
What is involved in an emissions test?
At Automotion Service and repair, every emission check and repair include:
- Full analysis of your vehicle’s on-board diagnostic system, emissions-control system, and check engine light codes
- Complete inspection of your vehicle’s gas cap, ignition timing, exhaust gas recirculation system, fuel, and evaporative system
- Comprehensive Tailpipe Emissions Inspection service to measure the type and quantity of pollutants emitted for your vehicle’s tailpipe
If you pass, great! We’ll give you a vehicle inspection report certifying your ride is in good condition.
If you fail, you’ll need an emissions repair, and our team is standing by to help!
How do I find a emissions testing and inspection station in Lovelock, NV?
Emissions testing, inspection, and smog repair stations are “privately owned and decentralized,” which means the onus is on the consumer to find a quality shop.
Fortunately, finding qualified smog repair and emissions testing has never been easier for Lovelock drivers!
At Automotion Service and Repair, we offer:
- All emissions testing and smog repair services under one roof, so you can move seamlessly from inspection to service, no matter what you drive or the extent of repairs required.
- A smog repair warranty guaranteeing your repairs for 24 months or 24,000 miles, whatever comes first!
- A wide range of shop amenities to make your service more comfortable and convenient, including free Wi-Fi and coffee in our waiting lounge, as well as free courtesy shuttles as needed.
- Easy online booking—you’re only a few clicks away from a free quote and guaranteed customer satisfaction on your smog repair.
Book a free emission test / smog repair quote in Lovelock
To get a free quote on your emissions testing and repair in Lovelock, NV, you can call (775)-285-9444 or fill out our online contact form to request a callback at your convenience.