Factory Specified Maintenance in South Reno, NV
Buying a car is one of the most expensive purchases you will make during your lifetime. To protect your investment by ensuring that your vehicle has a longer lifespan, it is crucial to get your vehicle inspected at regular intervals in order to ensure that it will last a long time. Vehicle manufacturer’s outline in the owner’s manual the frequency required for certain services to help keep your vehicle in optimal driving condition. This is called Factory specified maintenance. It is also known as preventative maintenance, as if this maintenance is done on that established schedule, it can help prevent bigger more costly breakdowns happen in the future.
What is Factory Specified Maintenance?
As mentioned above, factory specified maintenance is following the outline of service intervals on your vehicle to have routine service completed. This is the process of preventing any potential large auto repairs on your vehicle. An effective preventative maintenance program developed by Automotion includes:
- Tire checks– We ensure that your tires are inflated to the proper tire specifications provided by your vehicle manufacturer. We can also check the treadlife of your tires and let you know when a new set might be needed.
- Rotating your tires – A tire rotation can help your tires from wearing too quickly. Our service technicians will conduct the proper tire rotation pattern for your vehicle and driving habits.
- Changing the oil – Your service technician will drain the used oil from your vehicle, clean or replace all filters, and fill your vehicle with the proper oil for your make and model. We offer regular oil, synthetic oil, and synthetic blends. While synthetic will last longer and is a cleaner option, we will help you find the best option for your situation.
- Topping off fluids – We ensure that your vehicle has the proper amount of fluid to run properly. These fluids include antifreeze, steering fluid, and transmission fluid to name a few.
- Brake service or replacement – A brake service or replacement is imperative when your vehicle begins taking longer to stop or your brakes begin to feel spongey when you apply pressure.
- Replacing coolant – Proper maintenance of your coolant system keeps your vehicle from overheating and breaking down on the side of the road. If you are running low, it could be from a learn or something else, we can top you up and also investigate what the issue might be.
As with routine checkups at the doctor, these services help prolong the life of your car while also maximizing efficiency and utilizing asset management.
Many manufacturers provide advice for maintaining vehicles, but, generally speaking, there are two types of factory specified maintenance:
- Calendar or Time-based preventive maintenance – Preventive maintenance of this kind is usually done on a regular schedule with the assistance of a preventive maintenance schedule. While all critical vehicle components should be subject to maintenance, regular servicing of specific safety assets ensure that you aren’t putting yourself or other on the road in danger.
- Usage-based preventive maintenance – Usage-based preventive maintenance is an example of preventive maintenance that is based on how frequently that you are using your vehicle. For example, the oil change sticker it the top corner of your window will provide you either a date or a mileage for your next oil change. While the former is time-based preventative maintenance, the later is usage-based.
Benefits of this type of maintenance
A preventative service program prevents minor to severe problems with your vehicle and curbs unplanned downtimes. There are many reasons why proper preventive vehicle maintenance is vital to your safety and well-being, including –
Keeping the many components of your vehicle well-checked and in working condition will help to lower the risk of dangerous problems. Maintenance schedules reduce the chance of unforeseen breakdowns, health hazards, and liability lawsuits.
2. Improved safety
Drivers can ensure their cars, trucks, and SUVs run according to manufacture guidelines and specifications by scheduling preventative maintenance. As worn parts are replaced, and vehicle fluids are changed, your vehicle will continue to perform steadily throughout the year and the rest of its lifespan. You will be able to extend the lifetime of your vehicle, ensuring that you purchase less vehicles in your lifetime.
3. Reduced Costs
One of the best parts about preventative maintenance as opposed to reactive maintenance is that it saves drivers money. Investing smaller amounts in your vehicle on a regular basis allows you to avoid large repairs that could keep you off the road and cost much more in the long run.
4. Increased Fuel Efficiency
Vehicles that are poorly maintained often consume more gas than those that are properly maintained. Investing in your vehicle allows it to run more efficiently which will save you money at the gas pumps.
How to create a preventive maintenance plan?
Performing more preventive maintenance or corrective maintenance is not always the best choice. By performing preventive maintenance to achieve a higher planned maintenance percentage, you will spend more money and time and will likely have more breakdowns afterward. A good preventive maintenance plan involves fine-tuning the frequency of maintenance so that you do it only as necessary. The key is to reach out to your automotive service technician, they will help build the proper maintenance plan for your vehicle with the help of your owner’s manual.
Having all of this information might seem overwhelming, but our experts can make any of it seem as easy as 1-2-3. When it comes down to it, preventative maintenance is about getting exemplary service at the right time. Early detection and preventative maintenance can you’re your vehicle running smoothly.
Learn More About Our Factory-Specified Maintenance Services in South Reno, NV
A thorough vehicle inspection will allow you to determine what kind of attention your car requires. To get started down the right path, schedule an appointment at Automotion Service and Repair today in South Reno, NV!